Public Housing Applicant Information
Elizabethton Housing & Development Agency
Applications are taken on a first come, first serve basis. Once you arrive at the Administration Office,
please sign-in on the PUBLIC HOUSING SIGN-IN SHEET.
Everyone 18 years of age or older needs to be present during the application process to complete the
necessary forms. Please have all of the information listed below for each person in the household
with you when you apply.
PROOF OF BIRTH
SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS
PHOTO ID FOR ALL ADULTS
PROOF OF INCOME:
1. Employment: Two to four paycheck stubs, consecutively dated, including the name and
address of the employer.
2. Unemployment: A printout from unemployment office stating payment date and amounts;
or your PIN number.
3. Odd jobs: Notarized statements, affidavits or income tax returns signed by the applicant
describing self-employment and amount of income or income from tips and other gratuities.
4. Child support: A divorce decree stating the amount and payment schedule; or the case ID number.
5. TANF: A printout from DHS stating the dates and payment amounts.
6. Pension: A printout from the Agency paying the benefit.
7. Social Security/SSI: A letter from the Social Security Administration.
8. Bank Accounts: At least two bank statements that indicate the current balance and interest
paid to date (whether it is a checking, savings, CD, etc.)
9. Property (land and/or structure): Last statement from property tax assessor office;
or bank foreclosure information.
The name address and telephone number of current or previous landlords, including government
subsidized housing. If you have never rented before, please have ready the name, address and
telephone number of past or present employer, counselor, minister, teacher or business with which
you have credit.
|ELIZABETHTON HOUSING & DEVELOPMENT AGENCY, INC.
P.O. Box 637
Elizabethton, Tn 37644-0637
Applications for the Public Housing Program are taken on:
Wednesday 7:30-10:30 a.m.
Thursday 7:30-10:30 a.m. and 1:30-3:30 p.m.
APPLICANTS MUST APPLY IN PERSON